Though working out seems fun for those just starting; it’s not as easy as saying a, b, and c! You need to practice extensively and consistently while being disciplined to the commitment! The good news is that whether you’re a beginner or an expert, a 30 minute cardio workout at home can give you incredible results.
Only choose the effective cardio workout and do it right.
The most effective 30 minutes of cardio at home are:
- Jumping rope
- Stair climbing
- Jumping jacks
- “Screamer” Lunges
A 30 minute cardio workout is good. In only 30 minutes, people weighing about 154 pounds could burn more than 140 calories! The best cardio is rope skips, as it helps you run while jumping.
The Most Effective 30 Minute Cardio Workout at Home
It’s more exciting to jump rope than it is to do air rope jumps. So, if air jumping feels boring after about 20 minutes, don’t feel like a failure; I know how it feels. Nevertheless, the rope jump is better and more effective when you make it more difficult.
|Best, Top-Quality Jumping Rope for 30 Minute Cardio Workout at Home
|GoxRunx Skipping Rope for Fitness Workout
|Adjustable Digital Counting Multifun Skipping Rope
|WOD Nation Blazing Jumping Rope
|Weighted Crossrope Get Lean
|Heavy Weighted Adult Jump Rope
|3LB Heavy Weighted Jump Rope
There are many ways to make rope jumping more intensive. Some of the techniques to apply to make it intensive include:
If you have a spacious room, skip running is a great 30 minute cardio workout at home. It’s jumping while you run!
It’s highly intensive, and it’s good for you due to its many health benefits:
- Lowers belly fat
- Boosts body coordination
- Heightens the flexibility of the body
- Improves the health of your heart and mind
- Strengthens the shoulders, core, quads, calves, arms, and glutes
If you fast skip ropes daily when doing a 30 minute cardio workout at home, you can achieve all the above health benefits as you also burn calories. Nevertheless, as a beginner, you can do a 10-minute skip running as it helps burn about 124 calories based on how vigorous you’re at it.
- To do run skips, simply start jumping as you run forward.
- Turn and run back once you get to the other end and repeat as you wish
- Make it intensive by increasing your running speed
Amazingly, rope jumping helps develop and improve at least three skills: General athleticism, agility, and fastness. So, doing leg alternation makes it even much better as it adds attentiveness to the list! You better start NOW. How?
- Hold your best workout rope in your hands, with the right hand holding onto one end and the left holding the other.
- Maintain a straight posture as you stand with the feet close to each other, then rotate the wrist to move the rope behind the heels
- Rotate your wrist (forward) to make the rope go around your body successfully.
- While at it, jump with one leg so that the rope swiftly (based on the speed you’re jumping at) moves forward under your feet
- Keep jumping as you alternate the legs each time the rope passes under your feet.
- Repeat for about 20 minutes if you’re not doing the workout vigorously, especially if you’re a beginner. You may have to take short breaks for a vigorous leg alternation 30 minute cardio workout at home. Probably, also shorten the time to only about 8 to 10 minutes.
Here’s a tough one, double jumping! It’s a cardio workout for the experts! Even the experts begin somewhere, though! So, you can start with air rope jumps and then graduate to rope jumping before starting double jumping workouts.
Sounds like a great idea? Indeed. Here’s what to know before you grab the rope. You can jump rope twice a day if you wish, but since it’s a high-intensity workout, keep it short. Otherwise, don’t be so vigorous if you want to make it a 20-minute home cardio workout. Go slow and listen to how your body feels so as to take a break when it demands it.
If you jump rope too much, you risk having shin splints. Additionally, your knees may also start hurting. Still, your ankles may get sprained, making you stop double jumping again for a while.
How do you jump rope twice?
You jump rope twice by jumping the same way you do regular rope jumps, only that this time the rope should go under the feet twice while you’re still airborne!
|Best Double Under Ropes To Buy for 30 Minute Cardio Workout at Home
|Master Double Unders & Smash Your Workout
|11 Foot Cable WOD Nation Adjustable Jumping Ropes
|Bear KompleX Aluminum Double Under Jump Rope
|Adjustable Tangle-Free with Ball Bearings Exerciser Jump Ropes
|Body Bolt, Self-Locking (Screw-Free) Jump Rope – 2 Speed Rope Cables
|Double Under Speed, EliteSRS, Bullet COMP Jump Rope
That means you must increase the rope speed as you jump much higher than on the regular jump rope workout to give the rope enough time to go under the feet twice.
High Knees Jumping
Jumping rope is OK for knees and highly beneficial when using the high knee jumping technique. Besides being a High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), high knee jumping gets your entire body into swift action. It’s, therefore, okay to say that high knees jumping also burns belly fat.
How do you do a high-knee jumping 30 Minute Cardio Workout at Home?
The same way you do jump rope, as illustrated above, is the same way you do high knee jumps. In this case, you should lift the knees much higher in the air than in the standard rope jumping workout.
Did you know that jumping jacks are good for burning calories, improving and strengthening your muscular strength, and increasing your heartbeat? The exercise involves all body parts, hence burns fat fast, including belly fat.
Indeed, you heard that right!
You miss many other health benefits if you don’t do jumping jacks. For example:
- Increase in bone density
- Cardiovascular fitness improvement
- Better body mobility and coordination
- Increased strength in the hips and legs
So, how do you do jumping Jacks step by step?
- Stand and place each hand on its side, move your legs close to each other, and maintain an upright posture.
- Slightly bend your knees as if you want to do squats jumps, and then jump high into the air.
- While airborne, separate your legs to shoulder width while also stretching your hands above your head
- Move your hands down as you come down, and move your feet close to each other again.
Though it depends on how intense you’re when working out, jumping jacks can be ideal for a starter looking for the best 30 minute cardio workout at home that is easy to do.
Better stability and body balance, good alignment and symmetry, and weight loss are the three top benefits of doing screamer lunges.
Lunges are more advanced than squats and, therefore, best done by intermediates. Lunges are also better than squats because they focus on the lower body parts, such as the core, quads, hamstrings, thighs, calves, and glutes.
Therefore, lunges are also an excellent opinion for people looking to burn belly fat! So, you can add them to your two-week workout to lose unwanted belly fat in the comfort of your home!
How do you do a lunge step by step, therefore?
- Assuming an upright posture, stand and have the legs apart (hip-width)
- Move one leg forward while the other remains behind
- Bend the front (right) leg so that the feet stay flat on the floor while the other one (left leg) bends so that its toes touch the floor
- While in that position, jump and alternate the legs so the front leg goes behind while the right one comes forward as you get back to the initial position.
- Repeat the workout for 30 minutes. If you’re not so vigorous, reduce the timing and take short breaks.
I love stair climbing! In fact, I run up the staircase most of the time. I’ll also opt for a staircase in place of an elevator! If you live in a story building like me, you have a gym right where you live. It’s the staircase!
Make use of it as much as you can. Going up the staircase is a good exercise with many health benefits.
For example, it tones various body muscles, including those in the lower body and your legs.
However, while walking is great, running would yield quick results. So, consider trying running up and down the staircase.
To increase the intensity since it’s a 30 minute cardio workout at home, take two stairs at a time if they’re not so wide.
Whatever works for you, do it. Whether it’s stair climbing, jumping a rope, screamer lunges, or jumping jacks, go for it.
Only stay true to your goals once you start a 30 minute cardio workout at home plan. Some of the reasons why a 30 minutes cardio workout is good are:
- It has excellent health benefits; for example, it prevents diseases such as obesity
- It makes you fall asleep soon after lying down, which prevents depression, among others
- It gives you a good body weight that is at low risk of suffering from the most dreaded diseases
Unless you’re suffering from a chronic disease, it’s a good idea to do a 30 minute cardio every day to lose about 140 to 295 pounds. However, if you cannot manage to do 30 minutes daily workout, you can opt for the 30 minutes, three days each-week cardio.