I get you; your busy schedule cannot allow you to join a gym workout training. It’s so tight that even a one-hour home workout isn’t possible. Why worry when you can do a 20 minute at home cardio workout and lose weight successfully?
20 minutes of vigorous cardio workout is good; it boosts cardiovascular functioning and lowers Hypertension. Also, a 20-minutes cardio workout burns about 15 calories each minute! The best cardio workout at home is:
- Squat jumps
- Air jump rope
Do you want to learn how to do each of these life-transforming exercises? Great, keep scrolling.
20 Minute At Home Cardio Workout
First, it’s necessary to know that a 20 minute at home cardio workout can be effective if you do it vigorously. It’s by being vigorous that you break a sweat! Such a workout can yield incredible results, just like a 4-hour body workout at home can!
Therefore, unless you have health limitations, choose the most intense workouts and do them at least three times a week.
You’ll be glad to have made such a tough decision. As always, there’s a rule of thumb – start small and grow gradually.
So, let’s see what you can do in only 20 minutes of your busy weekly schedule.
Here’s a good point to start, jogging! Not only is it fun, but easy to start! It reminds you of your childhood days, which causes excitement, thereby boosting the release of happy hormones (dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphins), which greatly benefit your health.
So, all anxiety and life stress cease immediately when you do jogging as a 20 minute at home cardio workout; another good reason for not dying young!
Thankfully, you don’t need a large room to jog; you can jog in one place and still reap the benefits.
How To Jog In Place
- Concurrently, lift and move the left arm (forward and upward) while your left leg moves to hip level. At this point, the right arm should move backward while the right leg is on the ground to support your body.
- Quickly switch; lift and move the right arm (forward and upward) while your right leg moves to hip level. This time, the left arm should move backward while the left leg supports your body weight.
- Keep interchanging the arms and legs for 20 minutes.
Here you’re again, a beginner exercise that would turn a sweaty moment into an exciting session! Dancing, unlike other workouts, shifts your attention from the workout to the music. This is why most people can exceed the 20 minutes limit and make it a one-hour workout. Comfortably!
So, if you love music, it’s time to grab your smartphone, turn on the music, and dance to the rhythm as you praise God and lose weight!
|Best Dancing Gym Shoes for 20 Minute At Home Cardio Workout
|Wonesion Women’s Non-Slip Shoes
|Non-Slip Dancing and Running Shoes
|Adidas Dancing and running Lite Racer Shoes
|Adidas Cloudfoam Pure-Dancing and 2.0 Running Shoes
|PUMA Tazon 6 WN’s FM Cross-Dancing, Running, Walking, and Trainer Shoe
|Cushioned, Lightweight Joomra Whitin Running and Dancing Supportive Shoes
Burpees is a sweaty and impactful full-body exercise. It is, therefore, ideal for increasing the heartbeat in a few minutes. Besides, it improves brain function, blood flow, and cholesterol levels. Still, burpees minimize the chances of diabetes, heart attack, and raised blood pressure.
To top it, your lungs become more muscular. The heart, too. Consequently, your heart never strains to pump blood. This ensures that every body part gets oxygen and nutrients from your food.
Combine a push-up, squat, plank, and jump to achieve the best results.
How To Do Burpees Like An Expert
- While squatting, place your hands on the floor (flat) and then kick your legs out.
- Jump up into the air and ensure that your knees get close enough to the chest
- Lower again to the initial position and repeat
Do you want to make your heart race through intermediate exercise? Squat jumps are the best for a 20 minute at home cardio workout that targets the glutes, hamstrings, calves, and quadriceps.
As a beginner, you can start by doing only 2 – 3 sets of about 3 – 5 reps of moderate squat jumps. With time and as you get used to the fitness workout, you can increase the reps to about 12 – 15.
So, how do you do a squat jump step by step?
It is easy!
- Standing with your feet apart (hip-width), lift your arms to chest level. The arms should be at the sides.
- To professionally squat-jump, gently bend (knees level) and jump straight in the air before landing gently on the balls of your feet.
- While landing, roll backward so as to prevent any possible injury on your heels, which happens when they experience shock. So, rolling absorbs the shock.
- Do squat jumps as often as possible and rest when you need to.
Tip: You can make the workout a little difficult by simply changing the movement of your arms. For example, you can cross your arms to eliminate the power to jump from arm swinging.
Air Jump Rope
Like the jump rope workout, air jump rope works in the same way, only that this time there is no actual rope; you simply imagine you have one!
So, you will still be swinging your hands as if you have a rope.
Is ropeless jump rope as effective, though?
Also referred to as air jump rope, ropeless jump rope is incredibly effective. If done professionally, air jumps help in burning body fat. The ropeless jump is a great cardio workout, too. While improving your body coordination, it also helps in boosting the metabolism.
Therefore, air jump rope is effective, too, as it makes the heart race. Consequently, you break a sweat and burn extra fat to lose life-threatening weight.
|Best Training Ropeless Rope for 20 Minute At Home Cardio Workout
|APLUGTEK Adjustable Weighted Cordless Training Ropeless Rope
|Redify Weighted high-Speed Cordless Jump Rope for Narrow Space
|Crossfit Speed Weighted Benvo Ropeless Jump Rope – Updated Version
Even so, some experts disagree. They believe that a rope jumping workout is much more effective as it improves and boosts your whole body coordination and balance. Hence, you should include it in your 20 minute at home cardio workout.
Nevertheless, if you are yet to buy the best workout rope, consider doing ropeless jumps.
So, how do you air jump rope for beginners?
- Start by imagining you’re holding a rope in your hands (if you don’t have a ropeless skipping rope)
- Stand and maintain a straight posture while your feet are close to each other
- Swing your ropeless skipping rope and jump as if to create enough room under your feet
- Your arms should be moving in a circular direction during the workout.
Is 20 Minutes Of Cardio A Good Workout?
Indeed, 20 minute at home cardio workoutt has great results, which all contribute to your health, making it a good workout. Here is what 20 minutes of cardio do:
- It’s highly effective in weight loss and burning dangerous calories in the body.
- Makes your night better by improving your sleep. Consequently, you will not suffer from insomnia.
- Improves your heart’s health, directly affecting how it pumps blood to the entire body. Resultantly, heart attacks should be a thing of the past.
- It helps improve mental health, thereby helping keep depression, stress, and other mental diseases at bay.
- Keeps chronic diseases, for example, hypertension, obesity, and diabetes, at bay.
- It may also help reduce the effects of high blood pressure, stroke, and blood sugar disease.
So, regardless of the cardio you choose from the ones I’ve discussed above, you will enjoy the above health benefits.
How many calories does a 20 Minute At Home Cardio Workout burn?
In only 20 minutes, you can successfully burn at least 240 to 360 calories. This is especially possible for the experts who can do HIIT for 20 minutes straight.
So, you can do exercises such as ‘screamer’ lunges, jumping jacks, high knees jumping, jumping rope (especially the double jumping option), and high-intensity burpees!
Doing the above, plus dancing exercises for 20 minutes will be effective on your weight loss journey.
Through a 20 minute at home cardio workout, you would get back to shape, lose life-threatening belly fat, and burn calories. This is an indirect way of saying you would increase the number of years you’ll live right in the comfort of your home.
What’s more, you don’t need a medical prescription, nor do you need to use any herbs!
Better put, nothing is stopping you from doing a 20-minute workout daily! It’s only you who is giving excuses which you need to lay down today and for good!
Tomorrow may never come, and diseases might only be 20 minutes away from you (God forbid!). How about you lock that chronic disease out of your life forever by starting the 20 minutes workout NOW?
Do you have any questions regarding the 20 minute at home cardio workout that isn’t addressed in the article? Please contact us so that we can cover that soon.